Tips for Finding an SEO Company for Your Business
What happens to your digital marketing goals and strategies will greatly depend on what the SEO company you are working with can do for you. There are major consequences of what SEO companies do for businesses.
If you aim for a boost in traffic, sales, and ROI, a good SEO company will be able to support you with this goal. The right SEO partnership can define where your business is going in the digital marketing landscape.
How to Choose an SEO Company
Before locking into a contract with your chosen SEO company from the potential SEO companies on your list, follow these useful tips for finding the right SEO company for your business:
1. Study how the SEO company performed in the past
Performance is always the key to knowing what an SEO company can do for your business. Ask if they have done SEO services for companies similar to yours.
Learn about what they did and the changes that happened to businesses because of what they did in their SEO strategies. Past performance should include:
- Portfolio examples
- Case studies
- Industry awards
- Client testimonials
You can easily be drawn to an SEO company because of the nice things they say about their performance. But the real measure is if they are able to show you evidence of what they do.
They should be able to be proud of specific, proven, and verifiable results that they can let you see. This is what you call proven performance, and it should be what you should ask for from SEO companies.
What they were able to do is evidence of meaningful results that they can bring to your company.
2. Ask experiences from past and current clients of the SEO company
Research the clients you can interview about how the SEO company performed and what they did for them.
Connect with these clients and read their testimonials. You can call and email a few of them to get real and more personal feedback about the SEO company.
You can learn as much as you can about important aspects, like:
- The SEO company’s strengths and weaknesses
- The SEO company’s SEO process
- The SEO company’s reporting process
You can also find answers to common questions, like:
- How fast does the agency return calls or emails?
- Do clients receive a dedicated point-of-contact or different ones?
- How much time do clients have to set aside to review reports and strategy decisions?
When you get answers to these important questions in learning more about an SEO company, you can narrow down your options and choose which SEO company can deliver results for your business.
3. Meet the SEO company personally and ask questions
When you are down to just 2 or 3 SEO companies to choose from, meet with each of these SEO companies virtually or in person.
You can schedule a video conference or a face-to-face meeting so you will finally know which one is the perfect fit for your business.
Make sure that you prepare a list of specific questions that will help you determine how they perform and how they deal with clients like you.
Ask them personally about past performance so you get a clear picture of how they are able to perform.
- What types of SEO strategies do you implement for your clients?
- How do you know this will work for me?
- What monthly deliverables can I expect if I retain your agency?
- Will that really move the needle as I compete with (Competitor Name)?
- How do you measure the success of your campaigns?
- What tools do you use?
- Can I see the results from some of your other clients?
- What pricing model do you use?
- How will I be involved in the process?
- Who will be in contact with, and how will you keep me updated?
- How will I know progress is being made?
- What happens if I choose to terminate our contract?
4. Know your specific goals and know how the SEO company will help you achieve those goals
When you ask the questions listed above, see how the SEO company responds to them.
Do they have specific answers that signify how they deliver specific results? A vague answer will most likely deliver vague results.
You should know specifically what you would want to achieve with an SEO company. What is your company hoping to accomplish with SEO?
You can know your specific goals related to SEO by answering these questions:
- Are you looking to boost product sales by ranking for certain keywords?
- Are you struggling to reduce your website’s bounce rate or increase your conversion rate?
- If you are looking to increase ad revenue, would you prefer to have a wide audience or a smaller audience that spends more time, on average, on your site?
- Are you looking for help building a social media following, creating sponsored content, or other services that go beyond SEO?
5. Choose an SEO Company that provides metrics aligned with your business goals
Not all businesses are created equal and not all SEO companies can provide results that are meaningful for a business.
How your chosen SEO company can perform will be determined by the metrics they use. However, these metrics should be aligned with your business goals.
It is no use to be measuring something that will not drive the results you desire for your business. Specific metrics that will work for your business will help chart your progress in the right direction.
A good SEO company should understand which metrics are most important to your business and help you understand how they will be measured.
These are just a few of the tips that will help you choose the best SEO company. You can include other factors like:
- client communication
- competitive pricing
- strong transparency and reporting
- customer services and attention
- thought leadership and knowledge transfer
- and specialization in the service you need for your industry
All of these factors can determine if you can develop a long-term partnership with them with an ongoing SEO strategy to leverage your business.
More from Infintech Designs
Infintech Designs is a digital marketing agency that specializes in helping small and medium-sized businesses succeed online.
Located in New Orleans, Louisiana, we understand the importance of making sure your business gets seen by customers searching for you on Google or other search engines—and this can be done through an effective web design strategy and clever use of ads.
We want to help make it easier for people like yourself with limited resources to get started! Contact us now!