7 Ways on How to Increase Your Website Traffic
What is the lifeblood of your website? The key to the success of any website is getting visitors to your website. It’s as simple as that. That is why, as a website owner, you should know how to get traffic to your website fast so that you can stay in the competition.
With almost everything getting digital nowadays, it is getting even more compelling to reach more people through a website. It can be daunting at first to learn how to drive traffic to your website, knowing that there are big-name competitors out there. So, if you are still starting your business, what tactics can you use in increasing website traffic?
1. Utilize Content
It has been said repeatedly that content is king. Content matters when it comes to driving people to your website and letting them engage. What are the different types of content you should be focusing on?
- Blogging is a must when you want to reach your potential audience. It can help you rank up in search engines so that people will know that you exist. With blogging, you demonstrate your expertise and build brand awareness. Hubspot reports that the average company that blogs generate is 55% more website visitors.
- Content marketing, using many forms of content will help you earn the trust of your potential customers. Create meaningful content to prove your worth and drive traffic to your website, like:
» Videos on your site or on popular platforms like YouTube and Facebook
» Infographics and other visual content
» E-books or whitepapers
» Slide decks and Slideshare presentations
» Quizzes and tools
» Social media posts
- Eye-catching infographics can help you share important information or brand stories in a concise and digestible format. Use this type of content to simplify important takeaways or visualize complex pieces of data that will capture the eye of your audience and direct them to learn more from your website.
2. Build Learning Resources With Your Expertise
Your business or organization is an expert in at least one thing. People get excited when they are given the opportunity to learn something they are really interested in.
If you provide an avenue where these potential customers or followers of yours will learn from your expertise, they will visit your website.
Anything for free, especially when you are giving away free knowledge, can increase website traffic. People will regularly visit your website, share your content, or sign up for your newsletter because they trust you.
You might be surprised that this can lead to them signing up for your paid products or services when they need what you offer or learned that they need what you offer through your free learning resource.
How can you build your learning resources for your potential audience? Your options include:
- Creating ebooks or whitepapers and making them available for download
- Creating a series of how-to videos or social media posts that teach some aspects of your expertise
- Creating an email course that contains mini-lessons
- Creating full online courses (you can use Teachable and Udemy to host your course)
3. Invite Experts to Your Site
Tap into the reputation and audience of influencers in your industry to provide your audience with the best knowledge of the products and services that you offer. This will increase your website appeal and reposition your website into a hub of knowledge that users will always love going back to.
Your audience will not only learn from experts, but you will have the opportunity to learn something new while working with them. Talk about building your authority and opening doors to an expanded audience. How can you do this?
- Invite industry experts to write a guest post for your site.
- Jump into an interview that you can record and publish on your site.
- Run webinars or podcasts where your guest is the expert.
4. On-Page SEO Techniques
Optimize your site using these important on-page SEO factors from Manggools’ helpful guide:
- Crawlable website
- Site architecture
- Quality outbound links
- Website speed
- User-friendly URLs
- Well-targeted content
- Keyword optimization
- Image optimization
- Readability and UX
- Click-through rate (CTR)
Consider optimizing all these factors that will surely drive traffic to your website. Remember that the needs of your visitors should be at the heart of what you do when you are optimizing your website to increase traffic.
5. Email Marketing
You can engage and earn traffic to your website through the humble email. It can be one of the most effective tools to engage your audience and direct them to visit your website.
Emails are used to encourage people to sign up for your newsletter which they can access through their email. This way, you have direct contact with them and get them to be regular visitors to your website.
Create brilliant, helpful emails that your audience will love, and make sure that you will offer something that represents great value.
6. Always Include Relevant Keywords in Your Content
People will not find you if you do not use what words people usually type in on search engines when they are looking for your products and/or services.
Make sure that you naturally use relevant keywords throughout your content. Use tools like Moz, Ahrefs, and SEMrush to know what keywords your competitors are using and which keywords are most often used.
7. Keep Active Social Media Pages
Apart from posting relevant content across all social media pages that will direct your audience to your site, make sure that you interact with your followers by promptly responding to them.
This can be an opportunity for you to direct them to visit your website to learn more about what you offer. You can also tag influencers who may be interested in your content because this could expand your audience.
Successful Website Traffic
It requires hard work and regular optimization to be successful in increasing website traffic. If the task is simply daunting and overwhelming for you to do yourself, you can hire a marketing and SEO agency to do it for you.
MORE FROM INFINTECH DESIGNS
Infintech Designs is a digital marketing agency that specializes in helping small and medium-sized businesses succeed online.
Located in New Orleans, Louisiana, we understand the importance of making sure your business gets seen by customers searching for you on Google or other search engines—and this can be done through an effective web design strategy and clever use of ads.
We want to help make it easier for people like yourself with limited resources to get started! Contact us now!