6 Off-Page SEO Techniques to Successfully Promote Your Business Online
On-page and Off-page SEO
There are two distinct but complementary sides of SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
On-page optimization is typically concerned with anything you do on your web page to make it searchable on the net.
Off-page optimization is concerned with getting links that lead to your site from other sites, called backlinks.
These two sides of SEO work together to create a good SEO strategy.
You can get a balance of both or you can choose to work heavier on one over the other for your SEO campaigns.
But here’s the catch: there are surprising off-page SEO techniques that are better at helping boost your business online. Links from off-page optimization are proving to be more powerful in boosting your site. Keep updated on SEO techniques here at Infintech Designs.
Do You Need Off-page Optimization?
There are two reasons why users search through the internet.
One, to find information, and two, to find information and buy. Both these users are important for your business to thrive because they become your conversions and long-term subscribers.
In your digital marketing endeavor to make your business known or to raise your brand awareness and drive users to your website, you will need proven and effective off-page SEO techniques.
Effectual off-page optimization will increase your on-site authority, trustworthiness, and relevance.
Moreover, Google changes its algorithms frequently, analyzing, and ranking using multiple factors. Backlinks and other off-site signals are the backbones of these algorithms.
In fact, research shows that off-site SEO carries more than 50%of the ranking factors.
Backlinko also reported that top-ranking pages have more backlinks than lower-ranking pages (when excluding URLs without backlinks).
That shows a clear correlation between total backlinks and Google rankings. Needless to say and for the record, Google stated that they still use PageRank (and 100s of other signals) in ranking.
Off-site SEO will strategically and effectively help you build stuff that people like and want to link to so the links you build will boost your rankings in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Page).
Amazing Off-page Optimization Techniques
1. Build your link
- Chase high-quality links and smaller or younger brands and professionals that are related to your niche and have quality domains.
Some powerful quality domains that will have a notable impact on the online environment and especially on your website are:
- Non-profit (.org)
- Education (.edu)
- Official (.gov)
These are the links that will pass the most link juice (authority and general domain trust).
- Do competitor backlink research and see where your competitors get their links, then target those links. Learn your competitors’ best-kept secrets using the SEO Competitor Analysis.
- Consider the brand mentions of people who are talking about you, attaching a link to their reference. Know your mentions because they also count as links.
- Other useful off-page SEO strategies in building your link are:
- Be a data source (use stats)
- Broken content Building
- Create Long-Form Content (long-form content generates more backlinks than short blog posts)
- Strategic Guest Posting
2. Use the Power of Social Media
This is one of the major off-page SEO techniques and you don’t have to know why.
There are 1.13 billion active users of Facebook every single minute of every single hour of every single day. This is clearly one of the best ways to drive traffic to your website.
There is no other better platform that could bring your content to reach more audiences than social media.
- Here are the 7 Biggest Social Media Sites in 2020:
- There are two important actions you should do to make your social media presence productive for your business:
- Make sure you have a responsive social media presence. This means that you should be there, be human, and be proactive. Unresponsiveness will negatively impact your brand in terms of loyalty, conversion, and feedback. Connect and engage genuinely with your audience.
- Make connections and nurture lasting relationships with influencers, renowned professionals, skillful group admins, and social media gurus. They can help you in brand awareness just by mentioning, following, or influencing you and your business.
3. Utilize YouTube
YouTube is the second-most visited website in the world and the number 2 search engine, just a step behind Google, its parent company.
The most popular videos find their way to the SERP stage, too.
Videos have their own personal way to make your brand feel authentic and alive, especially to the first-time audience.
Most importantly, marketing on YouTube is one of the best effective ways to boost brand awareness and your site’s Brand Signals.
It is very accessible to a considerable number of audience in a relatively short amount of time. Most of those who watched your videos will search you on google.
4. Publish high-quality Content backed with Research
You can get high-quality links from different domains and a large number of social media shares with high-quality content published on the internet.
Social sharing of your content can lead to more searches and mentions for your brand. Upload documents to Scribd, Academia, and Slideshare.
5. Email Marketing
This might be a classic example yet it still brings one of the best results. Collect email of targeted customers through email campaigns, newsletter signups, and contact forms.
Through a well-crafted e-mail, you can offer seasonal deals and offer specific products or services to your targeted audience.
You can likewise drive traffic to your website through targeted and personalized email messages. Email marketing provides a fast, flexible, and cost-effective way to create brand awareness for new customers and retaining old ones.
6. Use the Off-page SEO Must-Have Tools
Building your link is no easy feat considering the multiple signals, techniques, and prospects out and about.
However, there are multiple tools that will balance the anxiety of where to start and proceed. These off-page SEO tools speed up some of the meticulous processes of off-page SEO techniques, increase the scope of your strategies, and improve your success rate. Take a look at this updated list of the best off-page SEO tools available in 2020:
- Google Search
- Moz’s Link Explorer
- Check My Links
- Web Archive
- Talkwalker Alerts
- Screaming Frog’s SEO Spider
- Streak for Gmail
- SEOTools for Excel
Not Just 6 Off-page SEO Techniques
You got it right! There are not just 6 techniques in using off-page optimization to increase your brand awareness and impact search rankings.
This list gives you a baseline to the potential of your brand to yield significant success in boosting your online business and dramatically improve your SEO ranking.
Whether you are dealing with on-page or off-page SEO, the secret will always be providing value to your audience—value and deliver what will make them read more, link more, share more, and talk about more.